Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm still alive. . .


We were in Knoxville this past weekend to visit Justin's family and so I could sing in a wedding. The wedding was Sarah Bolinger and Matt Brooks, and it was a beautiful ceremony. It made me feel old. Sarah was in 8th grade when I met her 10 years ago, and was a part of the student ministry at Grace Baptist Church. It was my first real job after college, and Justin and I were married 3 months when I started in March of 1998. I was one of the student ministers and I loved every minute of it. It was a wonderful time for Justin and I, and the wedding was so great because we got to see all those from Grace who are so dear to us. Wayne and Sherry were some of our closest friends from Grace, and it was an honor to sing in their daughter's wedding. Wayne and Sherry taught us so much about life, marriage, and raising teenagers. It was a wonderful night, and it was even more special to share those we love with Addie.

Addie loved spending time with her cousins before and after the wedding. Growing up, we never spent much time with my 2 first cousins. They were an army family and lived in so many places, we never really got many holidays or other special times with them. I'm so thankful Addie knows and loves her cousins. We had a great time swimming, seeing movies, and just being together. As we unpack all the bags and I start the loads and loads of laundry, I will remind myself it was a great weekend. . .

1 comment:

The Adkins Family said...

I wish we could've seen you guys! I know it's hard when you're here because so many people want to see you!