Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Dogs


If you know me, you know how much I love dogs, especially ours. (When I say love, I mean kiss on the mouth, snuggle, baby talk and hug my bulldog.) Gracie is 7 1/2 years old and to think of losing her is more than I can manage. Gracie is a HUGE part of our family. She even occasionally sits in a chair at the table with us for meals, and we love to play with her. She makes us laugh with her silly personality. Gracie is really my first dog. My parents let us have dogs when we were little, but they stayed outside and really, after I was about 8 years old, we never got another one. My sister loves her dogs like I do. I have several friends who don't like dogs. I really don't understand it. In certain situations it has actually offended me when they treat Gracie with apathy. What makes some of us feel like dogs are family, and others want nothing to do with them? Any thoughts?

No comments: