Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer Cold and Missing Justin

Every summer since I have lived in Tennessee, I have gotten a horrible sinus infection. I hate the way sinus infections drain my energy, clog my head, and just make me feel terrible. It's bad enough to have a sinus infection at all, but I think summer is the worst! Not only that you can't breathe, but you are miserably hot and can't breathe. At least in the winter you can step outside and the cool air helps you breathe more deeply. Not so, in summer.

Thankfully, this is the week I was going to spend with my parents in KY. Addie will be attending their VBS, and I will be able to recover with help. So, really I couldn't have picked a better time to be sick! This leads me to the missing Justin part. Before Justin, I really could just pick up and leave, travel and enjoy myself. I have a little separation anxiety, but mostly I just miss Justin. I love him so much that sometimes I ache for him. Justin is my best friend, and I really enjoy being with him. I really don't like to be away from him at all, and this time it will be a long time away. Maybe it's because we spent 2 years prior to marriage in long distance, but I think it's more just Justin. He's a great husband, father, partner, and so much fun. Life is just better when he's around. I guess the 50 phone calls a day will have to be enough. . .

No comments: