Sunday, June 8, 2008

Canoe Trip

On Saturday, our Sunday School Class from church went on a canoe trip (9 families). We had so much fun! My parents always took us canoeing every summer, and I have to say it was even more fun than I remembered. The kids had a great time swimming, and we just enjoyed the ride. It makes me wonder why we don't do more things like this. It's always great to be in the outdoors, enjoying nature, and each other. (However, I do NOT camp. Sleeping is for indoors and big, fluffy mattresses.) Although most of us had a great time, there were a few who didn't enjoy the trip (kids). Given, it was really hot, and not a whole lot of action except the splash wars. But, I hope our children are not so overly pampered and spoiled that they can't see the beauty in an afternoon on the river. Maybe we were the same way growing up, but it seems like we've all gotten so addicted to TV, video games, and computer. It would do us all some good to smell the roses, and teach our kids to do the same. My Grandpa was one who taught me how to make memories, and not let time just pass by. When it's all said and done, I hope Addie will remember me with smiles of all the time we spent enjoying each other.

1 comment:

Bran said...

We had so much fun!!! Jack eventually got over the sand in his shoe and enjoyed the day!