Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!








Our morning started out a little rough with the dreaded words, "Mommy my tummy doesn't feel good." This was followed by throwing up in the bathroom floor. (At least it wasn't the bed.) This is always difficult for me as I am a sympathetic vomitter. (This was something I really loved in Justin. As a nurse, I knew he could handle cleaning up blood, poop, and vomit. Much to my surprise, he does not handle Addie's vomit very well.) I managed to clean it up, and I felt terrible for Addie. She was looking forward to all our Halloween activities, and there she was pale as a ghost laying on the couch. I grabbed the thermometer and played nurse for awhile, only to discover no fever. This was odd. Addie has never had a stomach bug without a fever. Then it occurred to me how much snot she has had lately, and that's exactly what it looked like coming back out. She threw up one more time into a blanket (GROSS) and tried to hide it from me. She was desperate to go trick or treating. After a few more hours, it was obvious she was not sick she had just swallowed too much stuff. Addie slept the afternoon away, and was ready to go! We were able to trick or treat in our neighborhood, and then drove to a friends house and trick or treated more with their families! It was a blast! As Macy said, "This is the best Halloween ever!"


Justin dressed as Phillip Fulmer (UT's football coach for at least a few more games) and held a sign that read "Will Coach for Candy." I attempted to be somewhat crafty and got ideas from the internet for these cupcakes! Addie and I had lots of fun making ghosts, bats, and mummies. The ghosts melted, so I thought I'd share these!










2 comments:

Matt and Jess said...

Thank you so much for sharing the video with me! It is precious! So I see y'all are done with your paperwork! Do you have a projected date of when you will bring home baby?

The Adkins Family said...

Justin, that picture was hilarious! Best halloween costume ever!