Saturday, October 25, 2008

Don't Leave Home Without Her!

A few weeks ago, Addie was able to sweet talk Justin out of a speeding ticket. She had her window down in the car, and when the police officer approached the car she said, "I wasn't doing anything wrong I was just sitting here." The police officer laughed and said, "I know honey, Daddy was just driving too fast." After a few more exchanges, Justin drove away without a speeding ticket.

Today, the same thing happened only it was my turn. I was driving home from my great Aunt's 90th birthday celebration, when I was pulled over one street away from my parents' house. We rolled the windows down again in the car, and Addie said emphatically, "Don't give my Mommy a speeding ticket!" The police officer was surprised and laughed, and told her he would not give her Mommy a ticket. After waiting for a long time, he came back with 2 warnings. He gave one to Addie and one to me. He told her to slow down, and told Addie to make sure I did too. All in all, it was wonderful. There is just no telling how much money she has saved us! Thank You Addie!

1 comment:

Bran said...

hilarious...really!!!