Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Election

I find myself quite political every 4 years, and this time was no exception. I remember turning 18 just in time to vote for Bush instead of Clinton in 1992. When Bush lost, I was devastated. I felt like no one heard my voice. This year was such a different election for me. I really do like John McCain. How can you argue with someone who has served his country so faithfully even as a POW for the country he loves so much. He is a man of honor and distinction and I cried as he read his congratulations to Obama speech to the country last night. A different time, and a different election and McCain would be President. I guess it was not to be.

I am excited to have a black President, and I can see how charismatic Obama is. Of course, I am worried about his liberal agenda, and his desire to get out of Iraq quickly. Justin and I are both concerned about what will happen with the healthcare industry. The good things about his presidency are the healing of the racial tension in the country and the world view of the US has already improved in many places. I will stand behind Obama as President, and before we try to villanize him, just as the democrats have done to President Bush, I will remember the respect the office deserves. I believe God brings the right people into government at the right time. If this is the beginning of the end times as some suggest, then it is still God's timing. I hope Obama can bring our country together, and will be someone who God uses in a great way. It's time for everyone to quit fighting and come together. So I will take the McCain/Palin sign out of our yard, and be so thankful I get to live in the greatest country in the world.

No comments: