Monday, October 20, 2008

TAG! You're it!

I was tagged by my friend Melissa to tell 6 quirky things about myself. This is my first tag, so I decided to respond! (By the way I am so new to blogging, I really did not even know this was done.)

1. I am completely OCD about the garage door. Almost daily, I leave my home and turn around half way through our neighborhood to make sure I have closed it. I used to call my neighbor across the street to ask, but she moved. (Hopefully those 2 things are unrelated.) It's gotten to the point Addie asks me why I'm turning around, and then sighs loudly after my response.

2. I am also OCD about emails. I find myself checking them too regularly. We went to see Justin's family this weekend, and I did not check it. I was very proud of myself. (The new iphone helps me not be too OCD.) I'm not all that important, so I really don't know why I think I will miss something!

3. I LOVE chocolate. I eat chocolate every day. Even if I make a blackberry cobbler or apple pie, I still need chocolate. It's almost like any other dessert is a vegetable, because it must be followed by chocolate.

4. I am overly attached to my pillow. I've taken it to New York City, to Chicago, and Disney World and everywhere else we travel. I tell myself it's because I do not sleep well without it. This is partly true, because I forgot my pillow one time and awoke with pain in my neck. I've had this pillow since early childhood, although this may be disgusting to some, I have resown new covers over the old ones. I've tried new pillows and they just aren't the same. I guess my well-traveled pillow is still my security blanket. . .

5. I have separation anxiety when I leave our bulldog, Gracie. Maybe it's because when we first bought her, we gave her away, only to get her back a few months later. (It's a cool story, I will have to tell later.) I used to have separation anxiety with Addie, but now I can tell her and she understands. With Gracie, I know she does not understand. We've never boarded Gracie in 8 years, but we've had friends and family keep her. You know people will love your child as you do, but with a dog, you just never know.

6. I research everything, from the best buy on something, to the best place to stay, to the things to do when you travel. Even when we travel to see family, I will see what is going on in the area just to make sure we don't miss anything! I am usually laid back and flexible when we arrive, but I have a list of things I want to do during the time we are there.

This really feels like confession. Anyone else want to divulge some painful secrets? Be my guest!

2 comments:

The Adkins Family said...

My iron is your garage door : )

Melissa said...

I was totally unaware of all your OCD habits--you hide them well!
On the pillow front, have you ever seen that Oprah about dustmites?? YIKES! And did you say you have SEWN covers on? Yet another thing I didn't know you could do! THanks for responding!