Monday, May 26, 2008

Losing a Mom


Well, sorry to be so morbid, but it's on my mind lately with all of the tragedies. One of my friends from church recently lost her mom to cancer, while pregnant with her first child. I really can't even imagine losing my mom. Her birthday is tomorrow, and we will get to spend it with her. There is nothing my mom would not do for me. I talk to my mom every day, and she is a huge part of my life. We were out to dinner with friends a couple weeks ago, and one of my other friends talked about losing her mom to cancer at age 22. She said you never really get over it. She said it steals joy out of every occasion. Anything good is overshadowed by not being able to share it with her mom. Finding out she was pregnant, having her children, parenting, needing advice, needing help, all of this without a Mom. I will hug my Mom all the more tightly tomorrow.

No comments: