Friday, May 30, 2008

Do you still love me?

My precious child asked me this question yesterday. I felt less than an inch tall in that moment. Addie is a very tender-hearted 4 year old, and really has a desire to please, especially me. It all started as we went to the YMCA pool near my parents' house. She was having a good time swimming and decided she didn't want to use her goggles. Instead of bringing them to me, she just set them on the side of the pool. Well, someone else found them. I was more upset than usual, due to my "mean pills." I told her of how leaving something behind, means others may take our belongings. I gave her the speech about how things cost money, and we would now need to buy more for her. I know I laid it on too thick. Several hours later she looked up at me with her big brown eyes and asked, "do you still love me?" I asked her why she would even say this to me, and she said one word, "goggles." I almost cried. It gave me the opportunity to tell her about unconditional love. I told Addie, "no matter what you do, Mommy will always love you. You can never do anything that will make me stop loving you." I remembered again, how God feels the same about us, and He deals with much worse than leaving goggles on the side of the pool. Lord, please help me see things in this perspective.

1 comment:

Bran said...

How precious is this!!!

Hope you don't mind that I added your blog to my friends list.