Thursday, February 5, 2009

Addie-tude

I know I can be sarcastic and say things with attitude, but it always sounds different coming out of my 5 year old's mouth. On the way to school the other day, she was angry with us for making her wear her coat in the car seat. (She hates to wear her coat in the car seat because she can't move.) She said, "Does my face look happy to you?" Last night on the way home from church, she said "We didn't even get to play on the indoor playground! I was like "Helloooo!" It's always hard not to laugh and yet I really don't want to encourage attitude. Finding the balance between allowing for a personality and keeping her respectful is difficult. I am wondering if boys have attitude too, or if it's a girl thing. . .

2 comments:

Bran said...

oh no it's not just a girl thing...we're now taking dinosaurs away for jackson's bad attitude. he earns them back with kind words and good manners as the day progresses. love the title...addie-tude! you have to scrapbook that one!

The Adkins Family said...

Oh nooo! Boys DEFINITELY have an attitude! And it's such a fine line...letting them be themselves and keeping them under control at the same time. You don't want to crush their spirit, but still, you want to have a well-mannered kid. Good parenting is exhausting!